|RPO charges a permit handling fee to secure the USFS permit and take care of all the associated paperwork related to your permit. $8 for a complete trip; $11 for a partial trip.
Deposit/prepayment on Complete and Partial Outfitting canoe trips are guaranteed and nonrefundable. Deposit may be paid with Visa or M/C credit card. Your credit card will be debited upon receipt. Personal or business check and bank cashier’s check accepted as deposit/prepayment ONLY if received 20 days or more prior to arrival date.
- Visa or M/C credit card is required for payment of the necessary US Forest Service Travel Permit and User Fees.
- Bunkhouse, Tent Camping, Cabin, Chalet, Villa Resort Lodging reservations are prepaid prior to arrival date.
- Contact River Point Outfitting Co. at 1.800.456.5580 to remit your Visa or M/C credit card number for deposit/prepayment.
A repacking charge of $50 per permit will be incurred if your party size decreases from the original reservation and notification by mail, fax, or e-mail has not been received by RPO at least 21 days prior to your Arrival/Check-In date.
Final Payment Information:
Final balance of payment due upon Registration and payable with Cash or Bank Cashier's Check.
Credit card payment is accepted ONLY for initial deposit and/or prepayment---in the case of a “last-minute” reservation. Additional persons joining your party at the time of Registration will be charged accordingly. Sorry, no personal checks accepted at Registration.
Organized Non-Profit Youth Groups must remit final payment in advance of arrival with an Organizational Check. Canoe trips reserved as gifts require a prepayment with personal or business check.
- A Guest Folio with "Confirmation of Reservation" and an itemized statement of charges will be sent via US mail, e-mail, or fax. Please note: You are financially responsible for what you have reserved.
- Outfitting rates subject to 6.875% MN sales tax. Resort Loding rates subject to 6.875% MN sales tax and local 3% tax. Resort Cabin, Villa, Chalet, and Bunkhouse Lodging rates subject to 6% resort fee.
- Fishing Licenses, Bait, Van Transport Gas Surcharge, Permit, USFS User Fees, and Quetico Permit and Camping Fees are not included in the outfitting rates.
- There are no refunds for complete or partially outfitted trips that end early, for canoes and equipment returned early, or for any unused food, transportation, or accommodations.
- Guide Gratuities are generally 15-20% of the package rate and are greatly appreciated. Other outfitting staff gratuities are discretionary and encouraged.
- Rates subject to change without notice.
Cancellation of Canoe Trip Reservation:
In the event of cancellation of reservation of the canoe trip, deposit fees and prepayments are nonrefundable.
However, if written notice of cancellation is received by RPO at least 40 days prior to the arrival date of the canoe trip, the trip may be rescheduled for another date this season or next year. All money on account applicable to outfitting of the canoe trip (equipment, canoes, food, transport fees, etc.) would be transferable to the new trip date for the same number of persons, length of trip, and package reserved that was in the cancelled reservation.
If a cancellation of a reservation
1) occurs 30 days, or less, prior to the arrival date
2) occurs in the case of a “no-show” reservation
3) occurs on the "start date" of the trip, or just prior;
the party leader is financially responsible for the balance of payment due as indicated in the Reservation Confirmation and Guest Folio.
Leader will be expected to remit payment immediately with personal check, a bank cashier’s check, or credit card will be debited for the final amount due for the reservation with the applicable 4% "convenience fee" assessed by the credit card company added on.
EXCEPTION: Deposit or prepayment of lodging reserved (vacation home, villa, chalet, bunkhouse, tent camping) are nonrefundable and nontransferable to the new trip date. Furthermore, if full prepayment of the lodging portion of the trip was not secured in advance, any money on account from the canoe trip portion of the combination trip, which is being cancelled, will be applied to the balance due on the lodging portion of the trip.
- Deposits/prepayments from individuals within a Group who cancel out of the trip are nonrefundable and nontransferable to the rest of the Group.
- USFS Travel Permit is nonrefundable nor applicable to a future trip. The USFS User fee will be refunded if cancelled two or more calendar days prior to the entry date, or earlier dependent upon USFS policy.
River Point Outfitting Company is not liable for delays, cancellation or interruption of a trip caused by air carriers, taxi service or other ground transport, inclement weather, change of plans for whatever the reason, lost or delayed baggage, medical reasons, or other reasons.
Travel Insurance is always a good idea and may protect you against circumstances that may cause you to interrupt, delay, or cancel your trip. Refer to Reservation Information for details.
We strongly advise arrival in Ely the day prior to the start of your canoe trip.